As a firm we are strongly committed to delivering innovative, creative and cost-effective solutions through arbitration and mediation. Our team has significant experience in handling complex and high-value cases and has represented international and domestic clients, and governments, in international investment and commercial disputes, including public international law disputes involving expropriation, discrimination and investment protection arbitration under investment treaties. In addition, we have unrivaled experience in handling Islamic finance and Shariah law disputes.
The strength of our arbitration practice in part lies in our ability to draw upon our expertise in other areas of practice, which span across a wide range of sectors including: banking and financial services, competition, construction, energy and natural resources, insurance and intellectual property.
Our team has handled arbitrations under most major institutional rules including:
- The International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID);
- The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC);
- The Cairo Regional Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (CRCICA)
- The Dubaï International Arbitration Centre (DIAC);
- The London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA);
- The United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL).
- The Grain and Feed Trade Association (GAFTA)
- Ad Hoc arbitration under the Agreement for the Promotion, Protection and Guarantee of Investment among Member States of The Organization of the Islamic Conference.