Partner and head of Litigation
For almost a decade, Hassan has served as counsel in multiple number of lawsuits in Egypt and the U.A.E., handling all types of disputes relating to banking & finance, commercial transactions, construction, corporate matters, investment, hotels management, oil & gas, maritime & shipping, mergers and acquisitions, pharmaceuticals, telecommunication, anti-trust, customs, tax, administrative disputes, labor disputes, labor internal investigations and white-collar crimes. In addition, Hassan has extensive experience in handling high profile arbitration disputes and post-arbitration disputes before Egyptian courts, including enforcement of foreign and local arbitral awards and annulment cases.
Hassan’s dispute resolution record includes:
- Anti-trust case filed against former head continental football federation, in connection with a broadcasting-rights agreement with the value of USD 1 Billion;
- arbitration claim filed by a multinational textiles manufacturer against the Egyptian Government before the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes and exceeding USD 156 Million in value;
- arbitration case relates to dispute between two multinational mobile telecommunication operators, exceeding EGP 10 Billion;
- lawsuits filed by an American bank in relation to civil matters to reimburse an amount of USD 58 Million and to affirm a provisional attachment over the defendant's assets;
- commercial agency dispute in U.A.E. between two pharmaceuticals company with a disputed amount of AED 2 Billion;
- annulment of arbitral award issued against a globally well-renowned TV host with an amount of EGP 100 Million;
- annulment of arbitral award issued between two multinational telecommunication operators, exceeding EGP 9 Billion; and
- many other disputes relating to white-collar crimes, oil & gas, hospitality, real estate, IPR, employment, customs, tax, administrative disputes and commercial disputes.
Languages: Arabic and English
Education:Ain Shams University, Faculty of Law – English-language Studies Section: LLB (2009)