The Firm has solid track record in dealing with investment banks, private equity funds, financial advisors and other participants in the field such as Lazard, EFG Hermes, Deutsche Bank, Morgan Stanley, Citigroup, Swicorp, Dubai Financial Group, Abraj Capital Limited, SHUAA Holding, Naeem Holding for Investments, Unifund LLC, and Beltone Financial, Orascom Telecom Holding and Al Faisal Holding.
- Advising Weather Investments S.p.A. on its merger with VimpelCom Ltd. creating the world’s sixth-largest mobile operator, worth around USD 23 billion and with 174 million mobile subscribers. The deal is valued at approximately USD 6.5 billion and involved share swap, demerger and carve-out of certain assets, corporate restructuring, and refinancing of existing debt amounting to USD 2.7 billion.
- Advising Abraaj Capital on the US$1.41 billion acquisition of Egyptian Fertilizers Company, one of the then largest private equity acquisitions in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Representation of the then-Credit Suisse First Boston on the privatization of Telecom Egypt S.A.E. and the offering of 20% of its shares to the public on the Egyptian Stock Exchange and through the issuance of GDRs on the London Stock Exchange.
- Aadvising Dubai Financial Group, one of Dubai’s fastest growing investment companies, on its indirect acquisition of 25% of the shares of EFG-Hermes Holding S.A.E., the biggest publicly traded investment bank in Egypt.
- Advising Seldar Egypt on its US$250 million acquisition of First Arabian Hotels and Resorts, the owner of the Four Seasons Hotel in Giza, Egypt.