Mohamed joined I&P as a partner in 2011. His practice focuses mainly on arbitration, mediation and Islamic law and finance dispute resolution. Mohamed has represented many multinational and domestic clients in high-value and complex commercial and investment disputes under a several institutional rules including The International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), The London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA), The Cairo Regional Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (CRCICA), The United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL), The Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIAC), and the arbitration rules of the Agreement on the Promotion, Protection and Guarantee of Investments Among Member States of the Organization of the Islamic Conference (OICA).
Mohamed regularly sits as arbitrator in M&A, Islamic law, trade and services, franchise and has been appointed as an expert by arbitration tribunals and national courts in Europe in cases involving Shariah law, Islamic finance, investment law, oil and gas, and commercial agency law.
Prior to joining I&P, Mohamed practiced law at Crowell & Moring LLP, Cairo office, Al-Kamel Law Office, and a number of leading law firms in Paris, France.
Mohamed is a lecturer of Civil law at the Sorbonne University, Paris I, Institute of International business law in Cairo and a lecturer of International Arbitration at the ABA CLE program in cooperation with the USAID. Mohamed is a founder member of the Egyptian Islamic Finance Association and the French Islamic Finance Institute.
Mohamed publications include:
- “Sharia finance and international dispute resolution mechanisms” Doctoral thesis, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris I), in progress.
- 2011: “The dispute settlement mechanism under OIC agreement”, paper submitted to the Arab League conference on intra- investment between Arab countries.
- 2011: “Compte rendu du Colloque du 29 juin 2011 à l'IMA”, les Cahiers de l’arbitrage/Paris Journal of International Arbitration 2011-3.
- 2011: “Egypt post revolution to invest or to arbitrate?” IBA journal edition 2011.
- 2010 “Islamic finance and mediation, the conciliatory agenda”, Journal of Arab Arbitration, Issue 2010- 4.
- 2009: “the independence and the impartiality of the arbitrator” les petites affiches chronique de droit de l’arbitrage, Paris n°179770, pp. 5-6.
- 2007: “The ineffectiveness of the dispute settlement mechanism under the WTO” Institute of International Business Law documentary, Cairo.
- 2003: “the impact of the state of emergency on the decisions of Egyptian judges” CEDEJ “French consulate centre for Economics, legal and social studies publications.
Languages: Arabic, English and French
LLM (Hons) in International Business law, Paris I pantheon Sorbonne University,
LLM (Hons) in International Arbitration, Versailles University,
Maitrise en droit, Paris I pantheon Sorbonne University,
License en droit, Cairo University.